Factpile Champion Stats

Discuss all matters Wikipile

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Factpile Champion Stats

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Sapper007 wrote:a single table can cover intelligence as we know it. I dont think that and iq split of 15 points is really that different... 129 and 144 are both amazingly intellegent by human standards...

and once your procession over 100k instructions per second, the rest wouldnt make a huge noticable difference.

Completely agree. Was leaning towards the single, but wanted to give you all the option of choosing since the other established stats have been split similarly.

Will tweak the table further.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Cpt Olimar » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:23 pm

Should processing speed and intelligence really be in the same chart?

For example, take someone like Super Sonic, who has FTL reactions. Automatically he must have an insane ability to process stuff.

But there's no way he is more intelligent than say... Robotnik who, although at an unbelievable 300 IQ, still is limited to a mind that uses neurons to transmit information.

Computers are not necessarily intelligent, yet they can easily outprocess any human.

I guess I don't like the way that chart is being made that's all :(
Sanctity Falls primary character - Felix
/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=70&start=0
"Without books, I might perhaps have been tougher; but an educated mind is neither insensitive nor callous"
-Cicero
Cpt Olimar
Utopia Overlord

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:10 am

Cpt Olimar wrote:I guess I don't like the way that chart is being made that's all :(

Not at all. That is quite a valid point, and one I am going to agree with. I was trying to see if computer-like minds (like Braniac and his ilk) could be implemented onto the table between extreeme genius and omniscience, but I can deffinitley see how the distinction halfway across the table would make an unnecesary split.

How do you suggest that could be handled?
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Space Marine » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:04 am

Uhhh...It would take about a football fields worth of supercomputers to even start to come close to the processing power of a human mind.
Currently playing: Call of duty MW2, Motorstorm:Pacific rift, Going to get Uncharted 2.
Space Marine
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Matapiojo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:08 am

Space Marine wrote:Uhhh...It would take about a football fields worth of supercomputers to even start to come close to the processing power of a human mind.

You are misinterpretting the point of the comparison, but again, valid.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Sapper007 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:12 am

true the processing power of the mind is irrelevant... thing of it as like your current computer... you 10gigs of ram is awesome! but 8.8gigs of it is already used in you WINDOWS Bod E Operating system for things like breathing moving, digesting etc...
I am a Sapper Leader. The cutting edge of my country's sword.

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery. God grant that I may not be found wanting, that I will not fail this sacred trust.
Sapper007
Utopia Overlord

Postby Cpt Olimar » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Sapper007 wrote:true the processing power of the mind is irrelevant... thing of it as like your current computer... you 10gigs of ram is awesome! but 8.8gigs of it is already used in you WINDOWS Bod E Operating system for things like breathing moving, digesting etc...

yea exactly.

Perhaps we should consider organic beings on an IQ scale. Although I, and many people, have problems with the IQ scale it would work well in such a classification system as this.

For androids, machine ect. processing power could perhaps be used and maybe along with some other factor of creativeness/ingenuity ect.

For example: Mother Brain would be in the android/machine category (despite being organic she is ultimately a computer).
She has both the processing power to deal with managing an entire planet as well as the ingenuity to have almost destroyed samus with the "Hyper Beam" which is apparently of her own creation.

So MB would rank high in both categories.

Ugh... this is turning out to be very complicated. Perhaps we should just do an IQ/processing speed (organic and mechanical respectively) and then add a creative aspect for both.

An X-wing AI may be more advanced than say....Cortana it is probably not as creative. This different is of importance.

So ultimately

Organic: has IQ rating and creativity rating
Mechanical: has processing speed and creativity rating

I understand most machines will have low creative ratings, but some have very high ones so it's a good factor too.

Not sure if that saves any work, but it's the best idea I can think of.
Sanctity Falls primary character - Felix
/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=70&start=0
"Without books, I might perhaps have been tougher; but an educated mind is neither insensitive nor callous"
-Cicero
Cpt Olimar
Utopia Overlord

Postby Sapper007 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:42 pm

I see what you getting at Ollie

have an Intelligence rating and Adaptability rating
I am a Sapper Leader. The cutting edge of my country's sword.

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery. God grant that I may not be found wanting, that I will not fail this sacred trust.
Sapper007
Utopia Overlord

Previous

Return to Wiki Development