FACTPILE IS BACK!!! (Kind of)
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
FactPile YouTube Channel | FactPile PodCast

Master Chief [Discussion]

Many are called, but only few are chosen.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Master Chief [Discussion]

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:02 am

The Fall Of Reach
Strength
Needs referencing:
    When he was fourteen and had no suit, he engaged four full grown ODST's in combat and blitzed/overpowered them all. Accidentally killed a few.

Can evenly match high ranking Elites in strength, even after weeks of combat with little to no rest.

Without getting into crazy game feats (such as tank and elephant flipping) has been shown to flip 3.25 ton warthogs back into place in one swift motion with only moderate difficulty.

He (and a couple others) managed to push a multi-ton obelisk over.

Is strong enough to punch his way through reinforced tank armor.

Statements on the Strength of of Haysley's Spartans (Chief is included):
“Your Spartans can run at bursts of up to fifty-five KPH,” he explained. “Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the ‘alterations’ we’ve made to their bodies. They can lift three times their body weight—which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark.”

Strength feat:
John focused his mind on motion. He leaped over a three-meter-high wall. He punched at concrete targets—shattering them. He threw knives, sinking them up to their hafts into target dummies.

Speed
Needs Referencing:
    When he was 14 years old (right after surgical augmentation) he and the other spartans were fast enough to avoid auto targeting machine gun fire with relative ease.

Dodge machine gun fire in his new Mark IV armor (no shielding system yet).

Danced between incoming Banshee plasma rounds, remarking that "their aim was getting better."

With Cortana's help, Slapped an air to surface missile off course.

Master Chief Running:
The Chief and his team sprinted up the half-kilometer sandstone slope in thirty-two seconds flat. The hill ended abruptly—a sheer drop of two hundred meters straight into the ocean.

Half a kilometer in miles is 0.310685596.

0.310685596/32=0.009708924875 mps

0.009708924875*60=0.5825354925 mpm

0.5825354925*60=34.95212955 mph

That rounds up to 35 mph.

Statements on the speed of of Haysley's Spartans (Chief is included):
“Your Spartans can run at bursts of up to fifty-five KPH,” he explained. “Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the ‘alterations’ we’ve made to their bodies. They can lift three times their body weight—which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark.”

Reaction times:
Dr. Halsey pondered this new data. “They should not be performing so well. There must be unexplained synergistic effects brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reaction times?”
“Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at twenty milliseconds,” Mendez replied. He shook his head, then added, “I believe it’s significantly faster in combat situations, when their adrenaline is pumping.”

Speed feat:
John focused his mind on motion. He leaped over a three-meter-high wall. He punched at concrete targets—shattering them. He threw knives, sinking them up to their hafts into target dummies. He slid under barbed wire as bullets zinged over his head. He stood, and let the rounds deflect off the armor. To amazement, he actually dodged one or two of the rounds.

Reaction time:
Well according to the S2 Augmentations the Spartans reaction time pre Mjonir is 20 millseconds, a normal human is 215 milleseconds
10.75 times faster than human, round it to 11
The Mjolnir armor multiplies it by 5, that's 55 times faster than a human's.

Durability
Needs Referencing:
    Mark V armor has been shown to survive from high altitude drops. In the upgraded Mark VI, chief survived a high speed two kilometer fall with little side effects.

Has tanked fuel rod rounds before with shields. Spartans in older models with no shields have had their arms blown off from similar attacks, yet were still capable of combat.

Armor is completely bullet proof to conventional human weaponry. Stood in the middle of machine gun fire just so he could watch the bullets bounce off. No shields at this point.

Tanking Assault Gun fire:
Spoiler

Needle rounds "bounce" of Chief's armor:
Explosive needles bounced off the Chief’s armor, detonating as they hit the ground. He saw the flash of a plasma bolt—side stepped—and heard the air crackle where he had stood a split second before.

Easily shrugs off a gun-shot wound:
The three men, however, didn’t have that problem. They fired. John dove to his left. He caught three rounds in his side—knocking the breath from his body. One bullet penetrated his black suit. He felt it ping off his ribs and pain slashed through him like a red-hot razor. He ignored the wound and rolled to his feet. He had a clear line of fire. He squeezed the trigger once—a three-round burst caught the center guard in the forehead.

Other Feats
Needs Referencing:
    Has dramatically increased sense of hearing.

Is genetically superior to almost all human specimens. A trait that is searched for with all the spartan II soldiers.

After days of unending combat, fought a well rested spec-ops elite with just his fists (elite had a sword) and managed to secure a victory. note: he had a little outside help and got hurt.

According to stats (not feats) can run at 60kph, jump over 3 meters, has 1/6 reaction time of an average human (or greater depending on adrenaline or cortana).

Master Chief can adapt when he needs to:
The fougasses were never meant to take down flying targets; the Spartans had put them there to mop up the Grunts. In the field, though, you had to improvise. Another tenet of their training: adapt or die.

“Any physiological or mental instabilities?” “None. They work like no team I’ve ever seen before. Damn near telepathic, if you ask me. They were dropped in these caves yesterday, and I don’t know where they got black suits or the rope that for that maneuver, but I can guarantee they haven’t left this room. They improvise and improve and adapt. “And,” he added, “they like it. The tougher the challenge, the harder the fight . . . the better their morale becomes.”
Last edited by Hitman H94 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Re: Master Chief [Discussion]

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:03 am

The Flood
Armor
His armor reduces recoil:
The recoil compensators in his armor dampened the effect, but he could still feel the handgun kick against his palm.
P.30

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:03 am

Reserved

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Asger » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:25 am

Quotations needed. And the Elephant/Tank-flipping is supposed to be game mechanics IIRC
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:58 am

Asger wrote:Quotations needed. And the Elephant/Tank-flipping is supposed to be game mechanics IIRC

I know I quickly copy and pasted this, I will do a proper job soon.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby SgCombine » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:08 pm

ImageImage
SgCombine
Out of Exile

Postby Hitman H94 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Thanks Combine! Added them in.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog