FactPile "Light" version
FactPile YouTube Channel | FactPile PodCast

(40K) Power Armour [Discussion]

Many are called, but only few are chosen.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

(40K) Power Armour [Discussion]

Postby Matapiojo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:02 am

Return to 40K [HUB]

Sisters of Battle
--------------------------------------------------------
- Sororitas' sub-systems:
Spoiler
“The power pack on her back had shut down, forcing her to move the weight of her battle armour without assistance from the synthetic myomer muscles beneath the ceramite sheath.” / Faith and Fire, p.109 - **

Space Marines
--------------------------------------------------------
- 44lb helmet:
Spoiler
“It was cold and heavy. Very heavy. Baeder had to clench his upper body just to hold up the twenty kilograms of solid ceramite. Upon closer inspection, the mould growth seemed organic to the helmet itself, bubbling up from the oily black surface. Despite its great age, there was no visible corrosion and the contorted cheekbones and crooked mouth looked freshly forged.” / Flesh and Iron, p.211 - **
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Re: Power Armour [Discussion]

Postby Matapiojo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:09 am

Reserved
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Re: Power Armour [Discussion]

Postby Matapiojo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:09 am

Reserved
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Re: (40K) Power Armour [Discussion]

Postby CIDE » Mon May 02, 2011 10:36 pm

I'll ask it here since on the main site I haven't gotten a response (that I know about) to this question. The question was moreso a response to someone's claims that even the standard Space Marine is a Class 100 fighter. Is this even true and is there proof of it?
Floor slippery when wet.
CIDE
FactPiler

Postby Fisherking » Mon May 02, 2011 11:46 pm

CIDE wrote: The question was moreso a response to someone's claims that even the standard Space Marine is a Class 100 fighter.

Well first you would have to explain what a "class 100 fighter" is and then we can go from there. Also I think that question would have better posted on the project respect thread and not on this one.
Fisherking
FactPiler

Postby CIDE » Mon May 02, 2011 11:53 pm

I would've figured (as it relies on the power armor) that it would be tied to the topic.

As for the definition of Class 100 strength it's derived from comic books. Simply put "Class ____" is a term put for a character's lifting strength. For instance, Rogue with her flying brick skill set was Class 50 with the Hulk being Class 100. The number is the weight in tons. 50 tons or 100 tons. It's usually a pretty big deal when a character is considered class 100; even in a comic-verse.
Floor slippery when wet.
CIDE
FactPiler

Postby Matapiojo » Tue May 03, 2011 7:03 am

I don't have the quote available, but I recall an event of Abaddon the Despoiler lifting a Baneblade with little effort. Most all Baneblade patterns weight over 300 tonnes.

That said, Abaddon is hardly your basic marine, and he is as regular Astartes as Thor is to Asgardians in Marvel. We would have to do a good amount of research to sort that one out. For now, all I could say is to keep an eye out to the respect threads. If I come across a bit of info I think might be relevant to SM strength, I'll send you a PM.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Locutus » Thu May 12, 2011 8:04 am

Should we merge this power armor thread with the Astartes thread? Almost all of the quotes that deal with power armor include Space Marines.

A Terminator tosses over a tonne with no effort.

Spoiler
"Kol Badar reached the turret as its smoking assault cannons began firing once again, and he smashed it backwards with a sweep of his talons, knocking the field cannon off its mechanised feet. The turret weighed well over a tonne, yet Kol Badar tossed it aside as if it were nothing, his prodigious strength augmented by the thick servo-bundles and hydraulic amplifiers of his Terminator suit." - Dark Creed, Pg. 57
Last edited by Locutus on Mon May 16, 2011 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Locutus
Check My Brain

Postby Locutus » Mon May 16, 2011 2:01 am

Terminator armor description.

Spoiler
"Carab Culin wears a suit of Tactical Dreadnought Armour (also known as Terminator armour). This most durable of body armour represents the pinnacle of Imperial defence technology, and is believed to have been based on the heavy duty exo-armour developed during the Dark Age of Technology for work within the hyper-pressurised inferno of an active plasma core and other utterly lethal environments. The suit's survivability, particularly when combined with a Space Marine's enhanced physiology is legend, and a Terminator can survive colossal kinetic impacts, directed energy weapon discharges and even orbital debris strikes. This extreme survivability, plus the suit's servo-enhanced strength and stability, make it perfect for the most dangerous of missions, such as tunnel fighting, space ship boarding actions and the most brutally contested city fights." - Imperial Armour Volume Nine: The Badab War - Part One, Pg. 45
Locutus
Check My Brain

Postby Fisherking » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:17 pm

High of Jump Pack thrusts.

Spoiler
On the Over-Captain’s command, the Raptors exploded from their pits, the mighty thrusters of their jump packs launching them hundreds of metres into the sky” – The Siege of catellax pg. 116

Spoiler
“Vallax activated his jump pack, launching himself hundreds of metres into the air.” – The Siege of Castellax pg. 117
Fisherking
FactPiler

Return to FactPile Respect