FactPile "Light" version
FactPile YouTube Channel | FactPile PodCast

(40K) Angron [Discussion]

Many are called, but only few are chosen.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

(40K) Angron [Discussion]

Postby HazHap » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:15 am

Return to 40K [HUB]

So Yeah, Kharn has a respect thread....while there is no respect for his primarch, possibly the most physically powerful of all the primarchs? (Up there with Horus, Sanguinius, and Leman Russ)
Come on people! let the blood bathes of Angron be told!

[EDIT] - Lets have his profile up here, shall we?
- Mata

Feats
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Endurance

- Survives thousands of tonnes collapsing on him, and breaks through the rubble to unleash hell:
Spoiler
“'Whats happening', he shouted over the noise.

No one answered and Loken fell as the top of the breach suddenly exploded in a sheet of flame that reached hundreds of meters into the air. Rocks and metal were hurled skywards as the top of the wall vanished in a massive seismic detonation.

Like the bunkers in the cities, the Brotherhood destroyed what they could not hold, and Loken's senses shut down briefly with the overload of light and noise. Twisted rubble and wreckage slammed down around them, Loken heard screams of pain and the crack of splintering armour as scores of his men were pulverised by the storm of boulders.

Dust and matter filled the air, and when Loken felt safe enough to move, he saw in horror that the entire crest of the breach had been destroyed. Angron and the World Eaters were gone, buried beneath the wreckage of a mountain.

Before Varvarus could react to the senior preceptor's declaration, the rubble behind him shifted and groaned, cracks splitting rock and metal as something vast and terrible heaved upwards from beneath the ground.

At first Loken thought that it was the second seismic charge he had feared, but then he saw that these tremors were far more localised. Janizaes scattered, and men shouted in alarm as more debris clattered from the breach. Loken gripped the hilt of his sword as he saw many of the Brotherhood's warriors reach for their weapons.

Then the breach exploded with a grinding crack of ruptured stone and something immense and red erupted from the ground with a bestial roar of hate and bloodlust. Soldiers fell away from the red giant, hurled aside by the violence of his sudden appearance.

Angron towered over them, bloody and enraged, and Loken marvelled that he could still be alive after thousands of tonnes of rock had engulfed him. But Angron was a primarch and what - save for an anathame - could lay one such as him low?”
/ False Gods, pg.389 - **

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
White Dwarf #343
    Liber Apocalyptica: Battle for Armageddon, p.50
    Spoiler
    ANGRON, DAEMON PRIMARCH OF THE WORLD EATERS
      Angron was one of the superhuman Space Marine Primarchs created by the Emperor of Mankind in an effort to battle against the tide of Chaos. From Angron’s genetic material, the Emperor created the World Eaters Space Marines. He was the first Primarch to join the Warmaster Horus at the start of the Horus Heresy, for he knew Horus as a brother and supported the Warmaster in demanding a new order of discipline and martial virtue as the only way to save Mankind from destruction.

Once the rebellion turned into full scale civil war, Angron and the World Eaters were drawn into bloodier and bloodier conflicts. The World Eaters had always been the most savage and warlike Space Marines, and Angron led them in the worship of Khorne, who was able to appeal to their sense of honour and martial pride more than the Emperor ever could.

Khorne has wrought many changes in Angron during the Primarch’s 10,000 year service. Angron is now a hulking, muscular giant with skin the colour of spilt blood. His face is bestial and fang filled, his eyes milky white without iris or pupil. Angron fights with a mighty Chaos blade of black glowing iron, etched with runes of doom and destruction. His voice is like the roaring of a violent storm and mortals quail at his approach.
    FORMATION: Angron and a bodyguard of between 2 and 12 Bloodthirsters chosen from Codex: Chaos Daemons.

ANGRON: Angron is treated as a Daemon Prince with the following profile and special rules.
    Code: Select all
    WS  BS  S  T  W  I  A  Ld  Sv
    -----------------------------
     10  6   7  6  5  6  6  10  4+

UNIT TYPE: Monstrous Creature

SPECIAL RULES: Daemon, Furious Charge
      Daemonic Gifts: Iron Hide, Daemonic Flight

Angron’s Black Blade: Angron is armed with a Chaos blade. It counts as a master-crafted close combat weapon that causes Instant Death.

Roar of Hate: Any enemy unit within 12" of Angron must reduce their Leadership by 1 point.
    His voice is like the roaring of a mighty storm and mortals quail at his approach.
HazHap
Plebe

Re: Angron [Discussion]

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 am

Respect threads don't get created so often not because there is no love for a character, but because not many folks are invested enough in characters to actually put in the massive amount of work it takes to do one right.

Take me for example. You will be hard pressed to find a bigger Ghost Rider fanboy, but I have not expanded on the first post I made about him for quite some time. Nevermind that I have most all the necesary material at hand, it's just that scanning and posting comic pages really eats into my time.

Factpile sorely needs respect threads to be taken seriously, but it is a lot more work than most pilers (whom mostly just like to voice their biased opinions) are willing to take part of.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Hitman H94 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Maybe if there was a template I would give a Deadpool one a shot at but I really dont know what I would put in, I also realise a template may take time for somene to do as well so....

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:43 pm

You can start posting whenever you like, and I'll sort it all out once a template is established. For now look to put scans up for:

Strength
Speed
Dexterity / Skill
Stamina
Energy (in the case of other characters)
Endurance / Healing
Shooting
Melee
Duels (Vs)
Miscelaneous (wealth, resources, alternate realities, PIS, alliances, etc.)

At the bottom of the page give reference to where the scan or quotation come from (issue #, volume #, page #, game/movie/tv scene, etc.).

This should pretty much be all that is needed for Respect Threads. At least for Marvel characters, that is.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Hitman H94 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks but I'll start at the weekend as I got college work I need to finish

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Hereticus » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:15 pm

If i would be willing to ad some content here, are we talking about Pre-Heresy Angron, chaos Angron or the deamon prince Angron? I am 100% positive that all 3 have different power levels (dp is probably over nine thousaaaaaand ... sorry i just had too). Most info are probably going to be about pre-heresy, and the deamon prince since he led a crusade one (and actually managed to do something with it unlike Failbaddon)
Hereticus
Check My Brain

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:07 pm

All of those are fair play, mate. We want to establish an order of events, so to speak.

Matter of fact, here is the Apocalypse profile for good ol Angron (last page).
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Hereticus » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:47 am

Sweet,
after christmas I'll dig some info and post it here.

I had some one his Strife age days, and the Armageddon.
Hereticus
Check My Brain

Postby Jwlynas » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:34 am

A quote from the upcoming "Betrayer".

"Magnus looked at the noiseless image of Angron, as it faced down a charging Rhino transport. The tank struck... and stopped dead. The primarch lifted it by the front ramming spikes, and hurled it onto its back. Its treads raced in futility the entire time."

Here Angron takes the full force of a travelling Rhino (the transport vehicle, not the animal) and not only doesn't move, but seemingly effortlessly flips it on its back. Hopefully when the book comes out we'll find out whether or not it had anyone inside, but still, that's an impressive lifting feat.
Jwlynas
Zombie Eater

Postby Stealthranger » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:30 am

Angron survives a megaton-gigaton (likely the amount of energy required to level a mountain) blast and being buried under an entire mountain fortress crumbling on top of him (several hundred thousand tons) as he than lifts it off him and emerges unscathed and pissed off a few moments later (in his pre-Daemon Prince form)

False Gods
"Whats happening", he shouted over the noise.

No one answered and Loken fell as the top of the breach suddenly exploded in a sheet of flame that reached hundreds of meters into the air. Rocks and metal were hurled skywards as the top of the wall vanished in a massive seismic detonation.

Like the bunkers in the cities, the Brotherhood destroyed what they could not hold, and Loken's senses shut down briefly with the overload of light and noise. twisted rubble and wreckage slammed down around them, Loken heard screams of pain and the crack of splintering armour as scores of his men were pulverised by the storm of boulders.

Dust and matter filled the air, and when Loken felt safe enough to move, he saw in horror that the entire crest of the breach had been destroyed. Angron and the World Eaters were gone, buried beneath the wreckage of a mountain.

Before Varvarus could react to the senior preceptor's declaration, the rubble behind him shifted and groaned, cracks splitting rock and metal as something vast and terrible heaved upwards from beneath the ground.

At first Loken thought that it was the second seismic charge he had feared, but then he saw that these tremors were far more localised. Janizaes scattered, and men shouted in alarm as more debris clattered from the breach. Loken gripped the hilt of his sword as he saw many of the Brotherhood's warriors reach for their weapons.

Then the breach exploded with a grinding crack of ruptured stone and something immense and red erupted from the ground with a bestial roar of hate and bloodlust. Soldiers fell away from the red giant, hurled aside by the violence of his sudden appearance.

Angron towered over them, bloody and enraged, and Loken marvelled that he could still be alive after thousands of tonnes of rock had engulfed him. But Angron was a primarch and what - save for an anathame - could lay one such as him low?
Stealthranger
Zombie Eater

Next

Return to FactPile Respect